Google handles more than 2.5 trillion searches per year. Out 2.5 trillion search 46% of searches are local.
The number of mobile searches checking for local businesses grew by over 250% between 2017 and 2019
Local Queries like “near me” “close by” “near me tonight/today” has grew by 900% in the post 2 years
Local SEO Stats
Table of Contents
- Now the Question Is what is local search
- How Can You Make Your Business Visible for Relevant Local Search Queries
- You Have To Write Meta Title and Descriptions of Your Content.
- Google maps (Google My Business)
- Local Business Listing Sites
- Local Classifieds
Now the Question Is what is local search
Local Search Is the Query put by user to find products and services locally, For example: Coffee Shop Near Me, [product] in [City]. Basically user write query with city name or nearby his/her location called local searches.
In more sophisticated way
Geographically constrained searches by user on search Engine are local searches
How Can You Make Your Business Visible for Relevant Local Search Queries
- Optimize Your Website to Rank Your Website For local Keywords
- Google, Bing, Apple Map and other local search Engines.
- Business Listings
- Local Classifieds
Optimize Your Website to Rank Your Website For local Keywords
First of all you have to be clear who are your potential customers and then you have search keywords according to your target location of your business.
For Example : If You have a catering business let’s say in Texas than your keyword could be catering service in Texas, Best Catering service in Texas Or Catering service near me.
When you put this “Catering service near me” the search engine will ask to user to know his/her location and search Engine will show results accordingly.
You Have To Write Meta Title and Descriptions of Your Content.
What is Meta- Meta Is basically a tag which creates a snippet of descriptive content in search results that basically describe the content of your webpage and it tells the search engine what this page is all about. So that search Engine can classify that webpage.
Then Add your local keywords in content naturally
Adding your Keywords to content is very important it helps search engine to know for which location this page should rank.
Note:- Don’t fill your content Full of Keywords otherwise it will be count as Keyword Stuffing. Try to keep it 3% of your total content with content flow.
Google maps (Google My Business)
If You are Running a Local Business you should have to register your on Google My Business It can Double your business if your ranking get higher.
- You can simply register to Google My Business to register your business to Google my business
- Then Fill Basic information Like Business name, Description, Opening & Closing Time, Address Etc..
- After That Google will Send you a Postcard(with a verification code) to your address to verify that address you have entered is correct or not.
- After Receiving That postcard you have to enter that verification code and Boom You Are now ready to create posts, Post Offers in your business.
Now You Have To Optimize you’re Google My Business Shop To rank Higher, Regular Posting, Reviews, inbound links can help you to rank higher.
Note: Google will Show the business nearest to the user. This is also a ranking factor but reviews and star ratings can help you get higher ranking.
There are other local business search engines you can see below like Yandex maps, Apple Maps, Bing Maps but Google Maps is most popular.
Local Business Listing Sites
Register Your Business to Local Business listing Sites or citation sites and these sites act like an online directory from where people can find your business easily. Always take into account that your just online presence is not help you and your business to achieve successful online or digital marketing. Online reputation management is also matters a lot.
You can advertise your advertise you business product and services on local and popular classified will help you to get customer who are looking for businesses like you.